MAYBELLINE Super Stay Teddy Lip Tint User Review

 

MAYBELLINE Super Stay Teddy Lip Tint, Long Lasting Matte Lipstick For Up To 12HR Wear, Kneehigh, 1 Count




MAYBELLINE Super Stay Teddy Lip Tint, Long Lasting Matte Lipstick For Up To 12HR Wear, Kneehigh, 1 Count


A pretty vevet matte color building formula

I have fallen in love with this velvety matte formula just like tons of other people. I love the way it feels when it goes on and there is an array of different colors. And you can darken the color by putting on more layers. However, be careful with the colors when you pick yours out. I am in love with the mauve color "knee high" but I ordered "skinny dip" next because of how popular it is even though my brain was screaming at me to get a lighter shade. Both of them ended up darker than I expected. With knee high, I don't mind but skinny dip just ends up looking like such a dark brown and I always use lip liner that is a little darker. Maybe it's because I am pale but I always try to wear popular brown shades and I regret it. Be aware it can get a little patchy so be careful as you slide it on. There is no smell and it lasts all day but your lips can get a little dry and it is better to use makeup remover to take it off so you aren't rubbing too much. It definitely stains the lips a little bit I wouldn't call it a traditional lip stain. I do truly love the formula and I plan to buy more.
3 people found this helpful

 A Little Darker in Color than Photo
I saw an ad for this new lip tint and liked that it is, unlike most other long-wearing lipsticks, a one-step application versus the 2-step protocol most long-wearing lipsticks require. True to their word, it was an effortless application with a concise applicator tip that holds just the right amount of product, giving you the ability to precisely outline your lips. That said, I only gave it 4 stars because the color pictured on the website is a lighter mauve than the actual lipstick, which is deeper in hue. I do like the blue-based undertone, but the darker color does not make the lips look naturally-pink-flushed, which was what I wanted. Also, it did not last the 12 hrs it was advertised, more like 6-7 hrs with eating and drinking.
17 people found this helpful


 Sticky but nice

I love the cloud whip lip colors, so I was excited to see a longwear/color stay version. It really is a mix between a matte cloud whip lip color and a lip stain/tint. I love the sheer matte effect, and it even shows well on my darker brown lips (I tried the Kneehigh color). I don't think the lighter colors will even have a problem showing because of the tint formula.

Although it stays pretty sticky for a while and there is a teeny bit of transfer initially, I ate and drank rather aggressively and it didn't budge 🙂 Lasted for several hours until I went to remove it with my makeup remover cloth. I will definitely get more colors and recommend if you want a sheer matte longwear lip color.
7 people found this helpful
 Alright

Initial application is patchy. It might just be the color and I would need to try another color. I had to apply a couple coats. Nice color. Not completely transfer proof but most is the color remains. A little drying but not unbearable.


Love
I work in a kitchen and was looking for something to wear that wouldn’t smear and wasn’t too vibrant. I have pretty light skin, so I ordered the shade Mascara Tear, worried that it might be too dark. However, it turned out to be perfect. It feels really nice and goes on smoothly, with a creamy and hydrated texture. It dries quickly without leaving my lips feeling dry. I even applied lip balm on top, and it didn't smear at all. For the best application, I recommend using a few coats, waiting a little bit in between, and then dabbing. This technique leaves a beautiful, even stain. I plan on buying more colors.
2 people found this helpful


Nice product

The color baby tee is pretty. It doesn't make my lips feel dry especially after I remove it but it does make my lips look dry. It does take a bit for it to try if you don't wipe and leave it on boldly.
7 people found this helpful

 Stayed on at least 8 hours!

I got the Wild at Heart shade and the pictures show only 1 coat on after 1 hour of wear, and after about 8 hours with eating and drinking hot/cold beverages throughout the day. It is definitely a very rich and vibrant color.
Dries the lips a little bit, but not nearly as much as other similar long wear products.
Does start to gradually fade after a few hours, but as you can see from the photo (the one with hoodie on) it leaves a lovely tint even after 8 hours of wear.
I liked it very much.
11 people found this helpful


 Impressive lip stain

This is a true lip stain. Stays on for hours. Great colour. I got Pinky Promise, which is a nice cool-toned pink and looks like you ate a raspberry lollipop. Very impressed.


 Feels incredibly comfortable to wear
I got the shade knee-high and found it was a mlbb shade on me. It went on really smoothly and didn't dry out my lips at all. The first time I used it my lips were actually already a bit dry, and it was still super comfortable and you couldn't tell that my lips were dry with it on. Some products are really not great with dry lips and you can really see it build up with the dry skin, but this one was fine and I couldn't notice any issues.

For my the colour lasted all day, when it did start to wear it faded evenly rather than having a random patch with no colour.


I do agree with the other person who mentioned the container, its very chunky for the amount you get on the inside. Theres a thin tube inside with product a very chunky container which does kind of suck, especially because this is a nice product. This isn't something that only this company does, way more expensive companies do this too and considering the price point of this product compared to others that do this I will buy this over those ones still...but it is a waste of packaging and its unnecessary. They could keep the same outside package which is nice, and give us more product inside.

 Loved it
The tint it won’t go away unless you scrub your lips with something 😂. It is pretty good product. Good colour nice colour goes well on my skin tone, it feels bit dry on lips after applying idk if it’s me or not. Rest it’s really good


Comments